Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Goodbye Freeman-ASIA


I am deeply saddened to be sharing this news with you today: I just received an email from Freeman-ASIA , a program administered by the Institute of International Education which awards scholarships to students studying abroad in Asia, announcing that it will be closing after this spring term. You can read this announcement on their website here: http://www.iie.org/programs/Freeman-ASIA/p_announcement.shtm

Freeman-ASIA is one of the three organizations from which I received scholarships for my year in Japan, and I started this blog as part of my service project required by the Freeman-ASIA and Gilman scholarship programs. Over 4,000 American undergraduates have gone abroad with help from the Freeman-ASIA program, and I am honored to have been one of its last recipients.

No comments: